Friday 8 February 2013

Casting notes




Frankie Fasulo will play one of my main characters. I chose Frankie because I feel she suits the role well, she listens to the artist I am focusing on and so knows the codes and conventions to the genre and what would be expected of the artist’s music video. I will also be using Frankie’s girlfriend (below) as the other main character, after doing my music video research I found that in Ed Sheeran’s video for give me love there are same sex couples used as characters and so there would be nothing that goes against the producer and consumer contract.

 

Orla Newport is also my other main character in the video for the simple reason that there would be a natural chemistry on film between Frankie and Orla; it wouldn’t be awkward to record footage of them because they are in fact a real life couple and so the ‘acting’ element wouldn’t be as much. Orla also listens to Ed Sheeran and therefore she is familiar with the song I’m using and how the typical Ed Sheeran video looks. 

Both actors I have chosen are naturally very enthusiastic and jovial people that have a passion for music and play instruments; Orla plays guitar and Frankie plays piano and guitar. It would be simple for me to give them directions but also film them without them being aware and still be able to use that footage in the video.  

No comments:

Post a Comment